Hello

Welcome to my page(: have fun reading about my power and glory!!!

May 15, 2009

My Accomplishments

Hey, I'm King Ezana.
I was the first Axum King to convert to Christianity. I also made Christianity the official religion of Axum. This strengthened my connections with many surrounding villages and regions until they converted to Islam. My people and I became isolated and cut off from our fellow Christians in Europe. Trade declined dramatically and much contact between the surrounding tribes halted. My people cannot even travel to the Holy Land because of conflicts with the Islamic people. They betrayed GOD by converting to Islam. May their souls burn in hell, while the souls of my people bask in the glory of Heaven. Frumentius, whom I captured, enlightened me to Christianity. He became my civil servent and I plan on making him the royal administator and tutor for the prince.
Another thing was how I increased the trade in my empire.  My port city of Adulis along the Red Sea connected Africa to the Mediterranean World and India.  I brought items such as silk, spices, precious stones and cotton cloth to my markets, while increasing the wealth of my kingdom by selling gold, slaves, and ivory.

1 comment: